I got to work and I figured since my dad is nowhere to be seen (he’s my boss), I’ll check my email. In the handful of new messages, I find that wordpress.com has alerted me to a new comment left on my blog. I open the email to check the comment and it reads “Tag! You’re it chickie! 7 things please…” and it was left by my friend Erica. It looks like it’s my turn to be tagged… gotta love chain letters.
Here’s how it goes: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged need to write on their own blog those 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven other people and list their names on your blog. Then you leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
1) In high school, my teachers predicted that I’d be the next Bill Bryson b/c I was known as a good humor writer and I had traveled extensively during high school. I wish I could figure out how to make that prediction a reality!
2) In college, I made the yearbook as a freshman. I rode on a float in the homecoming parade and I was a female football player. So there’s this black and white image of me in the 2001 yearbook looking all bulked up screaming.
3) I own 3 iPods, but only paid for 1 of them. Gotta love free iPod promotions!
4) I used to work at Walt Disney World. I had loads of fun working there. It was the weirdest experience ever. I made some great friends too. I’d love to go into detail, but I signed a confidentiality agreement which means I can’t tell you about the cool stuff worth talking about.
5) I think I’m the only person in the world who got hit on by their college mascot. Lords, it was embarrassing b/c I knew his handlers too. *sighs* I was in the dining hall getting lunch, Rhett (the mascot, he’s a Boston terrier) was in there wandering about as this dining hall was just above the athletic fields at Boston Univ. I was waiting my turn to get food and wasn’t paying attention. I turned around and there’s the damn dog on one need using pantomime to beg me to kiss his snout. Oy! he was persistent too and blocking my way completely, so I kissed him just to make him happy. Yup! I kissed a mascot on the snout! i think the guy in the costume had a crush on me b/c every time i saw Rhett on campus he would always pay a bit of extra attention to me.
6) I’ve driven a golf cart down Boston’s Commonwealth Avenue, even gave Rhett a ride. Got in trouble from the BUPD for going too fast with the mascot on board… LMAO homecoming was so much fun!
7) I traveled a lot as a teenager. Most people hear my list of countries visited and they get jealous and hate me. *shrugs* The opportunities came up and I had the ability to take advantage of them. I swear traveling so much as a teen has given me this skewed view on the world.
Oh… curious as to where I’ve been? Here’s the list:
Italy (3 times b/c I have family there)
Canada (does that even count?)
Spain (well i got stuck in an airport there)
the Bahamas (does that count?)
now to tag the following people (all are found in the blogroll)
Ani’s Adventures Abroad
Adventures in Furryland
Skeins & Beans
Knitting My Thoughts Together
No Skein No Gain